2018 Acura ILX vs. 2018 Acura RLX
If a luxury sedan is what you want, then it’s worth your time to explore the 2018 Acura ILX and the 2018 Acura RLX. That’s because these models:
- Offer basic warranty coverage of 48 months or 50,000 miles, and powertrain warranty coverage of 72 months or 70,000 miles
- Provide access to Technology packages with features like GPS-linked climate control, ELS Studio Premium Audio systems, intuitive navigation, and more
- Ensure safety with the AcuraWatch suite of safety technologies, which includes the Lane Keeping Assist System, Adaptive Cruise Control, and Collision Mitigation Braking
While the 2018 Acura ILX and the 2018 Acura RLX are both strong contenders as luxury sedans, there are some important differences to consider as you make your decision, depending on your driving demands and preferences.
General Information & Pricing
- The ILX is considered a compact sport sedan, while the RLX is categorized as a premium luxury sedan.
- The ILX starts at an MSRP from $28,100*, while the RLX starts at an MSRP from $54,900*.
Engine & Performance
- The ILX runs on a 2.4L inline-4 engine rated at 201 hp, while the RLX is powered by a 3.5L V6 that makes 310 hp, or the 3.5L V6 paired with the Sport Hybrid system to deliver 377 hp to the road through Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive technology.
- The ILX achieves an EPA-estimated 25 mpg city and 35 mpg highway**, while the RLX reaches an EPA-estimated 20 mpg city and 29 mpg highway** with its standard engine (or 28 mpg city and 29 mpg highway with its hybrid engine**).
- The ILX has a trunk that measures 12.3 cubic feet and a passenger volume of 89.3 cubic feet, while the RLX has a trunk that measures 14.9 cubic feet and a passenger volume of 102.1 cubic feet.
Explore Acura Sedans at Acura of Ocean
You’ll appreciate how Acura models bring advanced engineering and sophistication to the Freehold roads, and you’ll find the upgrade from a model like the new Honda Accord worth it. Explore the 2018 Acura ILX selection, as well as the inventory of 2018 Acura RLX models, when you contact the team at Acura of Ocean. Want to learn more about other Acura models? Compare the 2018 Acura RLX and 2018 Acura TLX here, or find out about exclusive features on the Acura RLX, or in the interior of the ILX, not offered on competitor models.
*Prices shown are Acura suggested retail prices only and do not include taxes, license or destination and handling charge. Acura vehicle accessory costs, labor and installation vary. Dealers set their own prices. Please consult your selected dealer.
**Based on 2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.