How to Prepare Your Emergency Roadside Kit
Even though our Acura models like the TLX and RDX provide roadside assistance, you might want to pack a few things just to be safe when you take a trip. Be sure to get routine vehicle maintenance checks and vehicle diagnostics before you go on a long trip. And especially if you’re one who likes to be prepared, you’ll need to know what you might need in your emergency roadside kit. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
What Should You Pack In Your Emergency Kit?
- Snacks and bottled water– No matter where you are, you’ll need to stay hydrated and ready for what comes your way.
- Blankets– If you happen to get stuck at night, the air might get too cool for comfort.
- Phone charger– As long as your car’s battery works, you can charge your phone to get in contact with someone who can help you.
- First aid kit– You never know when you’ll need to care for a wound. It’s always good to be prepared with a full stocked first aid kit
- Sunblock– During the day, if you happen to get stuck on the side of the road, you’ll want to protect yourself from the sun.
- Jumper cables– Having your own jumper cables makes it a lot easier to get a jump, especially if the other person wasn’t prepared.
- Emergency contact information– Ensuring you have access to a towing service or roadside assistance is the first step to getting your vehicle back on the road.
- Extra oil and coolant– On the hotter days, having these on hand will help prevent your engine from overheating.
Of course, if there’s ever an accident or vehicle breakdown that results in injury, be sure to contact the police and ambulance services immediately and always be ready with an emergency contact number you can reach quickly.
Stay Prepared On The Road With Acura of Ocean
Keeping a small bag full of these emergency items guarantees that you will be ready for anything the road throws at you. Contact us today to learn more about our new Acura cars, or our 5 tips to become a fuel-efficient driver then stop by our dealership near Red Bank.
More From Acura of Ocean
Our Ocean customers love the 2020 Acura TLX interior. It’s no wonder. Comfy heated leather and ventilated seats, humidity control, cool technology like wireless charging, safety features galore, and plenty of room for everyone – what’s not to love? We think you’ll love the plush 2020 TLX interior, too, once you sit inside of one….
When looking at the 2020 Acura MDX lineup there are many options such as the Standard Technology package and the A-Spec package to elevate your Red Bank and Freehold commute. But if you’re looking for more ways to stay connected behind the wheel, then the updated 2020 Acura MDX Technology Package might be just what you…
Red Bank and Freehold drivers looking for the right luxury SUV package for their everyday commute and for longer trips on the roads will have all they need with the 2020 Acura RDX Technology Package. As part of the celebrated RDX lineup, this unique Acura Technology Package packs strong performance specs, comfort features, and advanced technology…