How to Prepare Your Emergency Roadside Kit
Even though our Acura models like the TLX and RDX provide roadside assistance, you might want to pack a few things just to be safe when you take a trip. Be sure to get routine vehicle maintenance checks and vehicle diagnostics before you go on a long trip. And especially if you’re one who likes to be prepared, you’ll need to know what you might need in your emergency roadside kit. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
What Should You Pack In Your Emergency Kit?
- Snacks and bottled water– No matter where you are, you’ll need to stay hydrated and ready for what comes your way.
- Blankets– If you happen to get stuck at night, the air might get too cool for comfort.
- Phone charger– As long as your car’s battery works, you can charge your phone to get in contact with someone who can help you.
- First aid kit– You never know when you’ll need to care for a wound. It’s always good to be prepared with a full stocked first aid kit
- Sunblock– During the day, if you happen to get stuck on the side of the road, you’ll want to protect yourself from the sun.
- Jumper cables– Having your own jumper cables makes it a lot easier to get a jump, especially if the other person wasn’t prepared.
- Emergency contact information– Ensuring you have access to a towing service or roadside assistance is the first step to getting your vehicle back on the road.
- Extra oil and coolant– On the hotter days, having these on hand will help prevent your engine from overheating.
Of course, if there’s ever an accident or vehicle breakdown that results in injury, be sure to contact the police and ambulance services immediately and always be ready with an emergency contact number you can reach quickly.
Stay Prepared On The Road With Acura of Ocean
Keeping a small bag full of these emergency items guarantees that you will be ready for anything the road throws at you. Contact us today to learn more about our new Acura cars, or our 5 tips to become a fuel-efficient driver then stop by our dealership near Red Bank.
More From Acura of Ocean
The 2021 Acura RDX is a standout compact SUV in Ocean for many reasons: the inviting cabin, the aesthetic design inside and out, and, of course, the exceptional performance and handling. But many drivers ask us, “What is the Acura RDX gas mileage?”. Acura of Ocean has the latest details on the 2021 Acura RDX gas mileage,…
The 2020 Acura TLX presents a more-than-solid prospect for Ocean drivers who are on the market for a sports sedan. Not only does this vehicle deliver great performance, it’s also designed and outfitted with safety features anyone will find useful in Red Bank, earning it a 5-star overall vehicle score from the NHTSA*. Acura of Ocean covers 2020…
If you’re on the lookout for a new luxury SUV, you’ve probably thought about the 2020 Acura MDX. Not only does this vehicle boast luxurious interior options; it also has competitive performance specs when it comes to MDX gas mileage. The 2020 MDX can achieve up to 20 city mpg / 27 highway mpg* with…